Benefits of FCA Membership
Whether your CERT program is newly formed and seeking guidance or well established but needing re-energizing, the Florida CERT Association is here to help. Benefits include:
- CERT program support including statewide training and education in disaster planning/emergency preparedness for citizens and established CERT teams.
- A mentoring and resource asset for local CERT teams and programs
- Access to annual CERT statewide conference where CERT teams learn from subject matter experts on a variety topics designed to enhance individual and team performance and where team members have the opportunity to drill and network with like-motivated CERT graduates from all around the state of Florida
Support Networks for:
- Communication for exchange and dissemination of information among CERT organizations and the public, as well as local, state and federal authorities;
- Collaboration for working together as individuals, groups, and systems to achieve common goals and to undertake specific activities relative to disasters;
- Coordination for meeting specific objectives through systematic analysis, development of relevant information and effective combination of available resources;
- Education for providing training and information to CERT organizations, staff,faculty, and volunteers from around the state;
- Mitigation for support of local, state, and federal authorities; participation in local mitigation strategy organizations; participation in efforts to educate residents and representatives about actions they can take to protect individuals, property, the environment, and the economy from the effects of a disaster.
- Outreach for encouragement of the formation of and providing guidance to others wishing to establish CERT organizations.